PC Health Check is an app to check your device’s eligibility to upgrade to Windows 11, Take backups, sync devices, Notify for updates, check battery and storage capacity. It helps you check your device’s health, take action to improve performance, and troubleshoot problems.
If you have Windows 10 on your PC, download and install the PC Health Check app and run it to check the health of your device, which will be shown in PC Health at a Glance.
How to determine whether the PC Health Check app is available or not?
- Go to the taskbar and search for “PC Health Check“, then select it from the list of results.
- If you have the Windows PC Health Check app, click on it to open and use it.
- If you do not have the app, download it here.
Steps to Download & Install the App
- Open the web browser and type https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp to download the App.
- A “WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup” file will be downloaded to your PC.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to Install it.
- Click I Accept, then click the Install button, and wait to complete the Installation.
Run PC Health Check App
- Press the Windows + Q key.
- Type PC Health Check in search box and press Enter.
- From Results, open the app.
Check that your device is eligible to Upgrade to Windows 11
- Download and Install the app, if you haven’t already.
- Select Search, enter “PC Health Check” or Press “Windows + Q” key and then select PC Health Check.
- Select Check Now.
- If Your PC meets the eligibility requirement to meet Windows 11, you will get the message “This PC meets Windows 11 requirements.“
How to use the PC Health Check App?
PC Health Check brings you up-to-date information on the health of your Windows device.
- Check Your Device Eligibility to upgrade to Windows 11.
- With your Microsoft account, you will be able to sync preferences and passwords across your devices.
- Backup photos and files to One Drive.
- Get notifications for Windows updates.
- You can also view how your batteries are performing by opening See battery saving tips.
- View the storage capacity of your drive.
- Change the startup time.
- You can get complete information for your device.
Note: If you are currently running Window 10 PC Health Check will check if you device can run on Windows 11. Click on Check Now to see.
Features of PC Health Check App
💻 System Information: Shows specifics on the hardware elements of the computer, such as the CPU, RAM, storage units, graphics card, etc.
💻 Performance evaluation: Examining the system’s general performance and identifying potential improvement areas, such as lengthy boot times, high CPU or memory utilization, etc.
💻 Disk Health: Checking the health of storage devices (HDDs or SSDs) for any indications of potential failure or degeneration.
💻 Software Updates: Updates to obsolete drivers and software are recommended to users in order to maintain security and maximize performance.
💻 Security Check: Scan for malware, viruses, and other security threats that might be harming the system as part of a security check.
💻 Startup Programs: Discovering unneeded startup applications that might lead to slower boot times and poorer performance.
💻 Temperature Monitoring: It is important to prevent overheating, which could impair performance or damage hardware. This includes keeping an eye on the temperatures of the CPU and GPU.
💻 Hardware Diagnostics: Testing different hardware elements such as RAM, CPU, GPU, etc. to find potential hardware flaws.
💻 Recommendations: Offering advice on what to do in response to the evaluation, such as clearing up disk space, fine-tuning settings, or purchasing new gear.